Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday 8 July 2012

Sitting in the Starbucks again--how many crazy things, especially things that should probably be private, happen in a Starbucks? Just finished talking to J, a good friend of mine who's been in the business for a bit.  I was sharing with her how I've been struggling some with this time in between. In between the gigs we try to get to line up as best we can one right after the other.  Sometimes though it doesn't.  6 months she said she's been off one time, some time ago.  Holy shit.  She said hobbies become really important at that time, new interests, things that make her a better person--she's pretty cool.  How many artists out there have turned in on themselves, getting self destructive?  Raise your hand. Don't be shy. I'm with you.  That's why I'm in this Starbucks right now. Trying to chase this shit out of here. Listening to old beats from long ago. Mos Def. Liz Phair. Can't listen to Joni right now I'd just lose it.

J started writing.  Why not. One of my favorite quotes bolsters me: ""Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
© Gisela Chípe
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment